The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organised a webinar on “Basics of Testing & Measurement and Instruments” for faculty members, PhD scholars, laboratory assistants, and students on July 07, 2020. The session was held through Skype by Rohde & Schwarz. The Coordinators of the programme were Mr Amit Mishra, Assistant Manager-Rohde & Schwarz, and Dr N P Gajjar, Professor – EC, Nirma University. The introductory talk was delivered by Dr N P Gajjar briefing the audience about the programme, objectives, and expected outcomes. A total of 50 participants attended the webinar. The agenda of the webinar was mainly focused on testing and measurement of various equipment. A point-wise agenda is as below:
1. Introduction to Measurement and its importance
2. Introduction to basic measuring instruments (MultiMate, Oscilloscope, Signal Generators, Signal & Spectrum Analysers, etc.)
3. Introduction to Testing and its importance
4. Introduction to basic Testing Equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, etc.)
5. Applications of T & M in Various Domains (Aerospace, Defense, Communication, Broadcast & Media, Cyber Security, Power Sector, etc.)
6. R & H Presence in Academia, R& D and Industry
7. More Technical Know how (References), Skill Set & Career Options
8. Question & Answer
The session was covered by two of the speakers. Each session was of one hour. Mr Srinivasa Rao Appalla has more than 25 years of experience in the Electronic Test and Measurement Industry. He has been associated with RSINDIA for more than nine years in the Application Team. In his present role, he supports high-end oscilloscopes solutions and Business Development activity for Value Instruments across all market segments.
Mr Pavan Kumar Varanasi, MTech Systems and Signal processing, is working currently as a Product Specialist for Signal generators and Analyzers, Test & Measurement Division of Rohde and Schwarz. He has 13 years of experience in handling all RF & Microwave Test equipment like Vector Signal Generators, Signal Analyzers, Network Analyzers & Power meters. He has vast experience in handling applications of EW customers (ELINT, COMINT), Satellite payload Testing, Radar Echo Simulators, 5G NR for telecommunication customers, etc.